We are looking for a Game Level Designer who will be responsible for setting up the overall architecture and construction of the space such as the levels and maps for our game. He should be able to translate game design elements into the game environment and integrate challenges into the game’s progression.
1. Conceptualize, implement, and maintain gameplay systems that achieve a fulfilling flow state, addictive game loops, and a risk/reward balance
2. Create and maintain comprehensive documentation (such as design outlines, diagrams, and visual mockups) that details the triggers, interactions, and subsequent events of specific features or aspects of gameplay
3. Work closely with User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) Designers to optimize the player interface
4. Building levels and environments
1. Possess a great understanding of game levels, level layouts, drawing maps, architecture, and other design areas related to game-level design.
2. An ability to break things down into systems
3. Ability to use data to get qualitative information to affect your designs
4. Basic to advanced drawing skills to communicate ideas visually